Updated: 1 day ago
When I first bought the Motor Purr company over 6 years ago, I didn’t know how much I didn’t know.
Many car owners do not understand the basics of maintenance and repair, and must rely on their dealer or their mechanic to keep their cars running and on the road.
The exception is the owner who does work on his or her own car. I started hearing from BOTH groups almost immediately. That’s when I started learning about my company.
· They had a nagging oil leak.
· They had a leaking radiator or a blown head gasket.
· Their hydraulic valve stem seals were leaking.
· They were losing compression and blowing white exhaust smoke.
· They had cylinder blow-by in their higher mileage truck.
· Their automatic transmission wasn’t shifting well, or at all.
I heard from truck owners too—heavy-duty class 6, 7, and 8 trucks.
· Their cylinder walls were suffering built-up hardened glaze, possibly from unburned fuel.
· Their diesel filter was too clogged to do a regen.
· Their last batch of fuel had a low cetane index.
What they were asking was “where can I buy some of your Motor Purr products?” But what they were saying was ‘I need to stretch the life of my car or truck another 1, 2, or 3 years.” Or, “I need an easy and economical way to get another 50, 60, or even 100,000 more miles out of my vehicle. And, most tellingly, “I can’t afford a big repair bill now, much less a new car.”
That was one of my original “Ah-Ha” moments of owning Motor Purr. (There have been many since). Car owners and operators, today more than ever before, need to stretch every mile possible out of their car, truck, or fleet. And we at Motor Purr are here, helping car owners help themselves.